Happy Lenten Season

Yello!

In case you missed me saying I am Catholic in one of my earliest posts here, I am. Yesterday, someone at the office was nice enough to bring in King's cake. It was really yummy and I didn't get the baby :(. I just want to see what it looks like one day.
Today begins one of my favorite times of the Church calendar. It's Lenten Season! This is a time when the Church reminds us of the sacrifices and sufferings of Jesus, a time for gentle reflection and meditation and also a time for us to strive to be better.

Personally, I love the hymns we begin to sing now. They force you to pay attention to the Way of the Cross and to be grateful. I still haven't decided if I'll be giving up something or doing more of something. The verdict will be out later in the day. I am however, looking forward to mass at noon.

I found these videos last week on YouTube and will be using them as part of my meditation this Lenten Season. These videos resonate deeply with me and will serve as reminders that I need to do better.

 

No matter your faith, I hope this time is also a time of somber reflection for you.

Have a good Ash Wednesday,
Tonia

Comments

Popular Posts