Job Interviews... Update

Hey Bloggie!

Been a minute! So I've been meaning to post this but other things kept coming up. I had planned to post this on Sunday but a baking experiment kept me in the kitchen all day and my hands hurting like hell. I guess I might need to buy an electric mixer if I'm going to keep baking because my hands will not be kneading and mixing a huge amount of dough again.

That aside, I got a new position!!! Remember my job interview experiences? No? Catch them here. Well... I got the position for which I interviewed in person!!! I guess my suit really paid off eh? :D. As soon as I got my offer letter, the other company called me for a second interview!! Of course I had to decline and I felt awful but a little part of me was soooo excited that they liked me enough for a second interview! I was high for quite a bit I tell you. I'm yet to pop my champagne though. That'll have to wait till my first paycheck.

Luckily, I'm still in the same town and won't have to move. I absolutely hate packing up a house (well apartment). So double yay! When I posted my interviews, my friend +Ajibola Robinson  was kind enough to provide some interview tips for the future. I thought I'd share them with you as well.
  • Research the company you're interviewing with as well as the position. It is a fatal error not to do so. He called it an interview 101 error. 
  • Don't use a "me" delivery. You'll most likely be working in a team. You need to relay your ability to be a "we" person. 
  • Be confident, but make sure you are not arrogant.
  • If you have a name from the company, look the person up on LinkedIn. It's a wonderful resource. 
  • No-brainer: Be on TIME. If possible, early.
  • Always have a copy or two of your resume on hand if interviewing face to face. If interviewing online/phone, have your resume readily available. Many times the HR dept sets up the interview and a BUSY Exec might simply forget to have your resume with him/her. You look good if you rescue that embarrassing situation for the potential boss :). 
That's it for now. I'm still adjusting to my new position and desperately awaiting my paycheck. I used to be on a 2 week pay schedule and have been moved to a monthly schedule. Nobody told me it'd be this hard. Come quickly 31st!!! I need you!

I hope you've had a good week so far and have an even better rest of the week. Here's a happy jam that keeps me smiling. It's "Girl" by Bracket ft. Wizkid.


Xoxoxoxo,
Tonia

P.S,
Thank you everyone for your well wishes post interviews.

Comments

Popular Posts