My Dream Man


Hey Bloggie!

So a recent catching up with a friend conversation turned into “what would your dream husband be?” We spoke at length about this and it ended in the usual way such conversations have ended with me… my friends concluding I'm insane. To judge my sanity, I thought I’d turn to you. Keep in mind that this is my dream husband and not the ideal one (I’m well aware that there’s a huge difference). So in no particular order, here are the characteristics of my dream husband.

  • He must be taller (upwards of 5.11).
  • He must have a British or Australian or Scottish accent.
  • He can be African or white but eyes must be a different colour from mine (super light brown is acceptable and if you’re thinking Africans don’t have coloured eyes, please start from Akwa Ibom).
  • He must be educated and make us lots of money.
  • He must be God fearing and preferably Catholic (I just don’t feel like having a denomination argument in my dreams).
  • He must have a sense of adventure (hiking, swimming, love rollercoasters, travelling and so on).
  • He must love to eat and cook. Trying out new restaurants is a must (I can’t be the pig in the house)!
  • He must be in shape EVERYwhere! Financially, physically, mentally and any other –ally.
  • He must make enough money for me to have my dream job: a world traveler. Although I’m not opposed to going to the office one week in the year. Mighty generous? I know!
  • He should be able to carry a tune well (I always have to think of my children. I’m talking 2face Banky W and Flavour mixed voice). That last bit was for me.
  • He (or his family members) must have soft hair. Mix it with mine and the children will have amazing hair.
  • He must love me for me and not try to change anything about me (why would you want to change this awesome girl?).
  • He must be my better half (anything else is counterfeit).
  • He must speak Pidgin English (only the Nigerian one is authentic… eh can’t understand the Warri one though).
  • Good sense of humour and dancing skills are also a must.
  • He must know that I’m very much opposed to cheating and have a lot of friends in the medical field (figure that one out).

These are just some of the things I told my friend and she thought I was being ridiculous. The list could go on and on as it is only a dream. What do you think?

Bye Bloggie!
Tonia 

And yes, that is Boris. Don't judge me. #dreamhusband

Comments

Popular Posts