Travel Troubles


Hey Bloggie!

So as you know, I was on vacation and that required some travelling. Now I usually don't complain about airlines because I have the worst luck in travelling. I mean the absolute worst. Like if "worstest" was a word, it would accurately describe my travel luck. It's so bad that my family and friends just wait for my travel drama story. They're never disappointed. When I travel drama free (it rarely happens), there's some kind of thanksgiving.

If I wrote a book about my travels, Peter Jackson could make the movie and have Benedict Cumberbatch play me. That doesn't make sense but it's probably the only way I could meet him in person... Or I can create a love interest he'll play and I'll act as myself. Hmmm... I like that better. But I digress.

Here's a glimpse of some my travel horrors.
  • An 18 hour journey became a 36 hour journey and when I got home, my luggage were not to be found.
  • Sat in an airplane for 3 hours because there was a "minor" problem that would take 15 minutes to fix. I ended up missing my connecting train home.
  • Hit myself in the face with my hand luggage while trying to put it in the overhead. This was totally the air hostess' fault. My connecting flight was late so of course I was late. She was rude and I was trying to hurry. So...
  • Due to bad weather, one of my flights flew around for hours before we could land. As a result, I missed the graduation I was trying to attend. 
  • I have arrived many times without my luggage. So much so that on arriving, my boss immediately asks about my luggage situation. 
But this time, there was more than one drama. This time, the airline took the award and now I can only wonder what the year holds for me travel-wise of course. First, I tried to check-in for my flight online and was unable to. The flight was delayed for an hour. Not bad at all. What's an hour? Then in the middle of the night, I see that my flight has been delayed 3 hours. Things were beginning to feel funny. My sister and I dropped my friend T at the bus station and when we got back home, we tried to check me in again. This time, it said my flight was delayed another 2 hours. But I had assigned seats this time. Everything looked good until... I realized my flight information was for 2 days later!! I mean that had to be wrong right? Because any good airline would notify me somehow about such a development right? Wrong. 

We went to the airport and found out the internet did not lie. No apologies mind you. Just a simple "ma'am, that's all I can see". I wasn't too upset because it was 2 more days with my family. New travel day arrives and all seems to be well. Until... you guessed it! the last lap of my trip. I get off a connection only to find out my flight had been cancelled and I was rescheduled for the next day. BS!

That was it. I had been gone for 3 weeks, already 2 days later than planned and now another day? Ha! I went up to an agent and boyyy was she rude! "ma'am this flight has been cancelled". Nothing more. Long story short, I got her to put me on another airline. Of course, I came home without my luggage which were later delivered the next day. Not bad eh?

I'll now be taking a conscious break from American. This trip has scarred me. 

What are your travel experiences?
Tonia

Comments

  1. lovely and funny at the same time!nice write-up!don't worry you will have hitch-free journeys but adventurous ones this year..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Rashidah! :). Amen (I'm yelling at the top of my voice so God won't refuse it)! I claim it a million times over.

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Hilarious! Most of the time, my flight just gets delayed. Trust Naija. My travelling is much less now though. Kpele.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Keren! My dear, I would swap delayed flights for some of the drama I've been through. It's like "Tonia's travelling? Let's all make sure she gets exhausted!". Now that I think about it, I didn't even have the drama when travelling in Naija...

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts