Dating: The Height Difference

Height Difference

Hey Bloggie!

Happy Wednesday!

Sooo... first. What's with this cold vortex?! Why should I have to wrap myself in tons and tons of layers and feel like I'm doing some kind of strip tease while taking off extra layers in the office? Why is it -16 (F) outside? Whyyyyyyyyy?????!!!! :(.

Okay. That aside, my friend and I were talking today and we usually cover an average of 5 topics per conversation. But somehow, we lasted on the height difference situation. We started out talking about shoes (because it's so cold and we both need snow boots) and mixed guys in there and ended up with guys, shoes and height. So me friend mentioned another friend of hers, a girl who's pretty tall and has a 5.5" tall boyfriend. This has affected her ability and freedom of wearing high heels. That's where I could relate. You see, I consider myself a tall girl. Maybe everyone but my dad does. He had dreams I'd be as tall as him and play basketball like he did. Mind you he's a little over 6ft. But, nature said no to his first dream and I continuously say no to the other dream. Insert evil maniacal laugh... Bwahhahahahahahaha!

So yes, I'm tall. And realized during our conversation that most of the guys that have approached me are on the shorter side. It's not because I've put up a sign encouraging only short guys to apply. There just seems to be that draw. Don't get me wrong, applicants are not scanned based only on their heights but it would be nice not to see the top of the head sometimes. My friend on the other hand, is on the smaller side and only gets guys upwards of 6ft!! Now that I think about it, this is common among all my friends who are smaller and I mean way smaller than I.

So we generated the following theories about this issue.
  • Taller guys are drawn to smaller women because they see them as people they can try to protect thus making them feel manlier. They see them as portable and cute, they see them as more feminine than taller girls. 
  • Shorter guys are drawn to taller women because they see them as a conquest (everyone has told them how short they are), they see them as protectors. They see them as a chance for their own children to be tall. 
  • Taller girls want taller guys because they want to feel feminine and have them as protectors. Plus, there is the tendency to want to pick up the shorter guys. The guys are also portable looking and cute.
  • Shorter girls want taller guys so they can feel protected and give their children a shot at being tall. 
Do you think we're right? Or somewhat right? What are your theories on this?

Let me know!
Tonia

Comments

  1. Hi Tonia,nice topic for a conversation!i agree with your theories 90%.Even though love takes over our wants sometimes and we refuse to look at the physical attributes and look more into the personality.Am a petite lady and have always yearned for a tall guy so that my kids wont be so petite like me,lol!But i noticed that even the tall guys are usually with the shorter girls and that makes it all much easier...Hope you coping with the cold..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Rashidah!! I hear you with the love and other stuff. Those definitely count in the long run but let's face it. The initial sighting can be pretty vain. And don't you worry. Your tall yearnings will most probably come through :). I've noticed the tall guys going for petite ladies for a long time now so it should definitely be easier. I'm glad we have you at 90%! That's awesome!

      Regards the cold, let's just say I'm surviving but if you ever hear of a human icicle on the news, it might be me :D.

      Thanks for stopping by!
      Tonia

      Delete
  2. You are right, Tonia. I am a tall girl too measuring 5ft 8" and to get a guy as tall as me or even taller has been a big problem. However, happy to say l might have gotten that one solved, fingers crossed. Lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay for being on our side!!! I'm glad another tall girl can relate :). That's awesome!! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you :).

      Thanks for sharing!
      Tonia

      Delete
  3. The right conclusion I must say. Nobody can disagree with that. But where Love exist there is no place for height issues. We are living in modern era so most of us may think there are no differences between male & female, it is right of course! but is this really true!! Being a female I always want a male counterpart strong no matter tall or dwarf but I should feel protected and cared by him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Divya! I've never really understood the "no differences" issue. There'll always be differences and there are some differences that make us proud to be the other gender. I am with you on the feeling of protection and care. Those are really important in all relationships.

      Thanks for sharing!
      Tonia

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts