Happy New Year!!!


Hey Bloggie!!!

Oh my gosh! I haven’t blogged since last year!! :D. We made it!! Happy 2014!! It’s an awesome feeling waking up to another year and made even better by the fact that I rung in the year with some of my family members. It truly is a blessing.

We were mostly out of the house on the 30th and New Year’s Eve. We celebrated New Year last night because my sisters had to fly out this morning. It was pretty awesome. One thing my immediate family is very good at, is recalling different experiences. We can sit and talk for hours about things in the past both funny and real serious. That’s exactly what we did to say goodbye to 2013 and welcome 2014.

Last night was definitely memorable. From the pig faces and sounds my niece kept making, to dad’s facial expression when he was talking about a guy he had thought one sister was dating, to our little impromptu family meeting, to me sneaking my nephew past his bedtime to see fireworks at midnight, to me finally collapsing for the night.

I usually make one resolution each year and this year will be no different. I resolve to be a better me than I was last year. I very well look forward to the blessings and challenges of 2014 and pray that the worst of 2013 will be the best of 2014.

And for you, I also pray "Forever Young" by Bob Dylan…



May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
May you build a ladder to the stars
And climb on every rung
May you stay forever young
Forever young, forever young
May you stay forever young.

May you grow up to be righteous
May you grow up to be true
May you always know the truth
And see the lights surrounding you
May you always be courageous
Stand upright and be strong
May you stay forever young
Forever young, forever young
May you stay forever young.

May your hands always be busy
May your feet always be swift
May you have a strong foundation
When the winds of changes shift
May your heart always be joyful
And may your song always be sung
May you stay forever young
Forever young, forever young
May you stay forever young.

Happy New Year!! And cheers to a peaceful 2014!
Tonia 

Comments

Popular Posts