Daddy's 70th!



Hey there!

So as I mentioned in my last post, my family has been planning a birthday for my dad. This is the first time we've ever planned a big surprise. I think the most we've done has always been the surprise cake followed by a little family gathering. But this time, thank God we were able to come together and plan a big party for dad.

We decided about two months ago to do this and I remember how fast a fleeting idea became a fast reality. We all just went above and beyond with ideas. It was sooo much fun! One of my brothers (my designer) created a family emblem, designed the stickers for souvenirs, t-shirts and much more. We chose colours of the day (blue and white), sister got everyone materials and of course mom and dad had different materials :).

Today was the day of the party and unfortunately, I couldn't be there for it. But, hopefully I should be home for our parents' 40th wedding anniversary. I digress. The day went great!!! Dad was not as surprised as he should have been because one friend goofed and told. He was however, still greatly surprised by how many people were there and how much planning was involved.

When he called me this afternoon, I could just see the huge grin he was wearing. He sounded so happy! It was like talking to a child at his first party... Amazing! He said he danced for a long time and was just overjoyed. He got three cakes... one from the grandkids, one from the immediate family, and the last, a magazine cake (dad's a journalist). Feeling like Sherlock, he confessed that he saw mom cooking last night and crept right out of the kitchen like he didn't see a thing. Apparently, he had gone food hunting when dinner never came. He said he had cereal and I could tell he was super proud of himself. Oh daddy! :)

I'm really glad we were able to pull this off. I'm waiting desperately for some pictures and stories. Everyone was exhausted and couldn't talk for too long :(. I'll get them later. The next party we plan will hopefully be a breeze since we now know what we're capable of.

Happy 70th daddy!! We love you long time! Hip Hip! Hurray!

Xoxoxo
Tonia

Comments

  1. send us pictures!wish him many more years in good health.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My dear, me sef I'm still waiting for pictures. Thank you! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts