#BringBackOurGirls: Please Lend Your Voices

Hey Bloggie,

So I know I've been MIA again. It's only because I keep hoping for good news concerning these girls and my country so I can fully function again. In all my life, I had never been embarrassed to be a Nigerian until recently. Until I saw my noun of a president address the country. Until I saw the wife of this noun, also address the country.

To say that I was ashamed is to put it mildly. Their addresses have to be the worst in history. But the good in all of this is that the world is now aware of the incompetent person we have, of the let's sweep it under the rug practice that has been going on and also that this noun is nothing short of a noun.

I'm super grateful to all those that have taken out time to spread the word about these girls as well as to the countries that have volunteered to assist my country. I only pray that the end of this, is the end that we all seek and it comes fast. This has been by far the greatest amber alert and a great show of solidarity. Thank you. Please keep sharing as this should not die down until something is done. I try to keep away from the news because I'm fearful of what I'll find.

Today, I found out that 300 people were killed in the same state these young girls were taken from. Till now, I have not seen or heard of an address or plan from my noun of a president. Not a word. I fully understand that the address will be another shameful deed but at least give the country one. Show the people you have a heart that is as fired up as theirs. That you will not stand for injustice. That you understood the meaning of your office before you took it. That as the first citizen of your nation, you owe it to her to do something!!!!

I can't even tell you the ridiculous things his wife has said but I will tell you that in all her doings, she might have forgotten (as people often do in corruption ridden countries) that she doesn't have an office. There is no office of the first lady.

But all that aside, please continue to spread the word and support us We need all the help we can get. With the right channels, I know we can find these guys and bring our girls back home. Thank you!

Use #BringBackOurGirls and/or #Chibokgirls

Comments

Popular Posts