Was I Set Up?


Hey Bloggie!

So this was to be Sunday's post but I had to give my little boy the floor :). So here we are.

Last week, my friend invited me to dinner with her family. It was her son's birthday dinner and I said why not? It's not like I had massive plans that had to be changed. Plus, I love meeting people's families. It gives you greater insight into people.

Before dinner, I excitedly told my friend Liz I was going out. She immediately asked how old the son was. I honestly didn't know but knew he was older than I. She started laughing and told me I was being set up if I hadn't heard any talk of a girlfriend. I hadn't but I wasn't going to let Liz think she was making a legit point. Plus, why would my friend want to hook me up with her son? She knows I have some unexplained madness!

So I got dressed up and went to dinner. Before you ask, no I didn't wear anything fancy. I wasn't wearing a club dress either. Not that I have any. I was going for the "I am responsible and sane looking so when you see my abnormal sides, you'll immediately think you imagined them" look. Any anyways, I went to dinner. It was a big group. There were about 9 of us at dinner so you can imagine it was a big table.

For this conversation (and any that might follow regarding boy don't hold your breath though) I'll call him "Red". Red was sitting across the table from me and so not in close proximity to chat. We did try to talk a little but it just seemed like so much effort talking over people. And others got really quiet when we were talking to each other. That could have been my imagination...

My friend never once tried to link Red and I in conversation but her hubby did do some linking up. He made sure I got some info on Red. But I didn't think anything of it. Plus, I was meeting hubby for the first time so he doesn't really know me.

Dinner was a very good time and I had tons of fun. I even felt homesick by the end. It was like eating with my family. Lots of love in the air. I told Liz all of this and probably some more that I just can't remember right now and she stands by her earlier thought that I was set up. I still think not.

So I'm asking... What do you think? Was I set up? Oh I might not have mentioned that Red and I were the only single adults. The 9th person is a baby.

February's ended! The year's running by real fast! But I'll continue with the romantic songs for a while longer. My favourite Banky W song ever, "Till My Dying Day," and the fun soundtrack to Shuga.

 

Adios!
Tonia

Comments

Popular Posts