Easter 2020


Happy Easter Bloggie!

I really wanted to give you the gist of the worst hangout I’ve had (sequel to the guy I was talking about in my last post). But I thought instead, we should celebrate the joy of #Easter and not remember the horrid events of the past. Next week, I promise we can be in horrid land πŸ˜‰.

While this Easter is one we’ll never forget, I hope that there won’t be one to top this in the future. I pretty much chickened out and stopped reading the news for a bit. Every glimmer of hope seems to be replaced with more distressing information. I read just yesterday that people who recovered from the virus were getting sick again and that totally tanked my hopes of acquired immunity. I hope that was some misinformation but with so many unknowns about this virus, and its tenacity, one just doesn’t know. I honestly can’t wait for this thing to only belong in textbooks and lived experiences.

Anyways, I won’t add my tensions to yours and instead, let’s celebrate He who died for us and is keeping safe as we of course, play our own parts in being safe and healthy. I hope families get closer, relationships get stronger, and humanity improves during this period of isolation. There are some heartwarming stories online about the things people have done for each other but there are also disturbing stats such as the rapidly increasing rates of domestic violence. I’m hoping the good will triumph over the bad before this is overπŸ™. Fingers crossed.

Happy Easter again Bloggie! Let’s jam to happy times! This “#Shekere” by Yemi Alade and Angelique Kidjo sends me back to my childhood and is such a mood improver 😊. Enjoy!


Cheers to the 5th week of #socialdistancing.
Tonia

Comments

Popular Posts