Heartbreak Playlist


Hey Bloggie,

I’m late on this week’s post because my youngest nephew summoned me over to his house this weekend and I didn’t have time to bring out my laptop to finish my post while we were hanging out. His summons are very endearing 😊. Now, on to the matter.

Recently, a friend and I were gisting about #breakups and how we typically deal. She mentioned she dealt with heartbreak by not eating thus, losing weight and then being upset afterwards about neglecting her health. I on the other hand, have never allowed heartbreak separate me from my health (more like just food) but there was a time that I had a faithful heartbreak playlist that I would go through over and over again singing at the top of my lungs. There was just something about hearing songs that I could relate to in my time of distress that made everything feel better. My list included songs that intensified the heartbreak but also some that made me feel not alone in my pain. And while my feelings were definitely hurt during such times, my ego always refused to be completely bruised. Ergo, also included in my list were songs that implied the guy would come back begging 😁.

While we spoke, my friend got very curious about my list so I had to go in search of the some of them and shared them with her (they were on an old device I can no longer locate). When I was done compiling, I thought, why not also share them with you? I don’t wish anyone gut wrenching sadness but these are good songs I’d still jam to regardless of my heart situation and you might too 😊. Without further gra gra and in no particular order, here is part of my #heartbreakplaylist.
  1. So Sick – Ne-Yo
  2. No be You Talk Say – Waje
  3. Unthinkable – Alicia Keys
  4. Try Sleeping With A Broken Heart – Alicia Keys
  5. No Air – Jordin Sparks and Chris Brown
  6. Need You Now – Lady Antebellum
  7. Kele Kele – Tiwa Savage
  8. Somebody That I Used to Know – Gotye ft. Kimbra
  9. Too Late to Apologize – OneRepublic
  10. Hit ‘Em Up Style – Blu Cantrell
  11. I’m With You – Avril Lavigne
  12. Take a Bow – Rihanna
  13. I Call it Love – Lionel Richie
  14. Before He Cheats – Carrie Underwood
  15. Rolling in the Deep – Adele
  16. Set Fire to the Rain – Adele
  17. Dilemma – Nelly ft. Kelly Rowland
  18. Bleeding Love – Leona Lewis
  19. Hate That I Love You – Rihanna ft. Ne-Yo
  20. Too Little Too Late – Jojo
  21. Leave (Get Out) – Jojo
  22. Show Me The Meaning of Being Lonely – Backstreet Boys
  23. I’m Like A Bird – Nelly Furtado
  24. A Thousand Years – Christina Perri
  25. Cry Me A River – Justin Timberlake
  26. Ego – Djinee
  27. Stay With Me – Sam Smith
  28. Now It's All Gone – Wande Cool ft. D'Prince
  29. 911 – Wyclef Jean ft. Mary J. Blige
  30. Incomplete – Backstreet Boys
  31. Don't Leave Me – Ibiyemi
Have yourself a heartbreak free week! I wish I could say life but we both know that's merely a dream😞.

Adios!
Tonia 

Comments

Popular Posts