Review of 2013

Hey Bloggie!

I sincerely apologize for my long absence and for my obviously off-schedule post. I have a very good reason for disappearing. And it is… FAMILY! In the last week, I travelled across oceans, seas, valleys and mountains (by sitting in airplanes) to be with my family. Getting here and being with them, I've been trying as hard as I can to hang with them as much as possible and also try to relax a little since I’m kinda out of the office. So far, it’s been a blast! I come from a big (not football team size) family and even though everyone isn't together, we always try to make the best out of our gatherings. My niece and nephew are definitely keeping us on our toes. They obviously have better skills when it comes to staying up, crying, yelling, fighting, and making puss ‘n’ boots eyes than the rest of us. If I ever write children inspired posts, they’re more than likely my influence.

I woke up really early this morning and decided to meditate on this past year. It hit me that this has really been an AWESOME year!! You know how some things don’t seem like much until you put them all together? Like putting together a puzzle? Yup that’s exactly what happened. Without further ado, here are some somewhat chronological highlights of my 2013 life!
  • I chopped off my hair in January and made the full commitment to go natural. Proud to say, this week I’ll hit my 11th month and fro’s growing healthy. My hair journey definitely influenced other areas of my life. I’ll expatiate in a later post.
  • I interned at a multinational company for 2 months and had one of the greatest experiences (career wise) ever! It was a magical experience made even better by the fact that I was the first to go there from my school. The best part, I got to carpool with one of my professors and the bonding experience was awesome!
  • I started and completed an entire research project with some help from my professors of course :).
  • I got to see my MOM!!! It had been about 4 years since I last saw her so you can imagine my excitement.
  • I graduated not only as part of the first cohort of my program, but as the very first graduate of my program. I was also the very first to walk the stage that day. A lot of my friends came up for my graduation and helped make it special. The ones that couldn't come were with me in spirit.
  • I spent a big birthday with my family and that’s priceless.
  • We took a family road trip and that was so much fun! Well, for everyone but my niece for half of the journey. She was less than a year then.
  • We welcomed a baby girl into the family.
  • I got promoted to full time and got more responsibilities at work. We also got a new team member and she’s a GREAT blessing.
  • I started learning how to network using all available outlets.
  • I started Bloggie! Blogging even though for a short period of time, has just been wonderful. I've had the chance to interact with some amazing people and learn new things daily. I definitely plan to continue.
  • I took a couple vacations to about 3 states and met with friends I hadn't seen in a long time.
  • I met my former supervisor for lunch.
  • I went to driving school, took my driving test and passed.
  • I took a road trip with my program's asst. director and that was a blast! I got to meet one of my contacts at the same time.
  • I rented a car for the first time and drove it all by myself!
  • I got cable and internet in my apartment. Those who know me have been seriously fasting and praying for me to get at least one… hehehe.
  • We welcomed a baby boy into the family.
  • I’m with DAD!!! Hadn't seen him in about 3 years and so this Christmas is already merry. All of us in the States are together for the season and it’s absolutely priceless.
  • I got to see the grandparents yesterday!! They’re not biological, but we see them that way. Grandpa’s health is really a blessing. To think last year we were so scared he’d be gone…
  • I saw Mr. M yesterday too!! He’s also another grandpa of ours. As soon as he saw us, he said his day had been made. I mean the love just keeps pouring.
  • My family has found the strength to grow a little closer. I’m trusting God to do the rest.
The year is nearing its end and there are still so many days left with which to create new memories. 2013 has been a great blessing all round and I have God to thank for that.

What blessings are you counting this year?
Tonia

Comments

Popular Posts