Cheers To My Department

Image Source

Hey Bloggie!

I had always wanted to put my feelings about my department into words but words escaped me till now. So here goes nothing...

My department is great, she’s awesome, fabulous, amazing and out of this world! If I could choose her all over again, I would. But my brain is a little too tired for school right now J.
So why do I think she’s so great you ask? I’ll tell you.
  • She’s been with me since I started my unknown professional journey. From the start of my application to graduation, she saw me through every step with a smile on her face.
  • Whenever I had doubts about my future, she always had at least a dozen ears available to listen coupled with brains and mouths full of advice.
  • When she sat me down and asked me what my future/immediate plans were, she was truly invested in me and my life choices and not trying to fill out paperwork.
  • She’s part of my family and I love her.
  • When I didn’t let myself dream about wonderful opportunities, she not only held my hand and saw my bright future, she made dreams I didn’t know come through.
  • She fought international battles with and for me. She let it be known that her students never stood alone for she was always solidly behind them.
  • She has the friendliest of faces. She never once got upset with me and she was available 24/7.
  • She welcomed my family and friends with open arms. Even now, my family and friends still marvel at how involved she is in my life.
  • She has provided me with the best boss anyone could ever ask for and I am truly grateful. I could go on and on about my boss because that’s how awesome he is.
  • When applying for jobs and extremely stressed out, I knew I could come to her to ease my stress.
  • She job hunts for her students, drives them to internships, looks for internship opportunities for them, introduces them to tons of people in fields of interest and so much more. Never have I heard of a department that invests so much in her students’ academic success.
  • She's only 2 years old yet her impact is stronger than those that are 100.
  • To anyone that ever gets the chance to meet her, I guarantee she’ll change your life (only in positive ways). She’ll be your mother, father, sibling, friend and partner. She’ll rejoice with you, she’ll cry with you and she’ll even pray with you.
  • I’m not saying I love my school (I guess past school). It’s not about the school but the department. I don’t know what other departments on campus are like. I highly doubt they’re the same.

Dear Department,
You’ll never leave me for I’ll always have you in my heart.

Join me Bloggie in giving her a well deserved hurrah.

Love,
Tonia


Comments

Popular Posts