The Spaghetti Conversation

Weight Loss

Happy Sunday Bloggie!

All of last week, I had some really interesting and sometimes weird conversations. This is a regular on my end but I don't believe I've had quite so many in a row with different people. Of course I could be totally wrong. Here are some highlights of last week starting with Daisy.

Daisy: My son's birthday is on Friday.
Me: Oh really? (And then very excitedly) He's a New Year's Eve baby!!
Daisy: (Laughs) I don't remember...
That was when it occurred to me that I was talking to the mom and not the kid as I usually do! Oh dear.
Daisy: I believe this is the first time this kind of talk is coming from you.
Me: (Red faced.... if it would have shown) I'm so sorry. I guess I need to caution my tongue a lot more.

Of course I wasted no time running out of her office. Geez!! In defense of my tongue, September babies are the only ones for whom conception is very easy to count. See? My mouth is just a little faster than my mind these days.

Next conversation was with Susan and I. You might remember her from our cow conversation.

Susan: You need to smile more often. You know, look more approachable and not like you're going to fight someone.
Me: If I smile, you say I smile too much. If I leave my face, I'm frowning. What do you want?
Susan: Eh, you have to try more. You're scaring guys away.
Me: Really? Umm now that I think about it, you frown way more than I do.
Susan: But if we go to heaven right now, I'll be able to tell God I have a boyfriend. So my frowning can't be that bad.
I was dying from laughter!! For real? Trust my sister to reach very far to make her point. Tsk tsk. 

Now for the conversation that gave me my post title. My conversation with dad. Due to my current situation, you can imagine that my parents worry all the time. So of course, dad was asking about my updates and the following conversation ensued.

Dad: Do you have food to eat?
Me: (Laughing) yes daddy. I'm eating. You sound just like my boss.
Dad: Don't go diet like your sister Susan. You shouldn't lose weight.
Me: I'm not dieting. I'm exercising and eating healthy. I heard Tessa (another sister) exercises everyday. I also want to feel good when I come home.
Dad: Oh yeah. She doesn't joke with her exercises. They are compulsory after work.
Me: I guess I have some catching up to do then.
Dad: (Very serious tone) Let me just tell you. No one should come to my house looking like spaghetti o! I don't want to see spaghetti bodies with meatball heads.

Roaring with laughter!! Seriously, I don't know where my dad got his analogy but I guess he has spoken :D. I don't think he found my laughing at his seriousness funny but I'll definitely work towards not looking like spaghetti with meatball on top ;).
In other news, I'll be off to go see Susan in a couple days!! I'm sure we'll have some other interesting conversations :). Looking forward to my visit. Oh and I forgot to add that Daisy's in her fifties. Obviously why that type of conversation was so embarrassing.

What conversations have you had that stand out?

Have a great week!! I leave you with my current jam. "Johnny" by Yemi Alade. It definitely livens up your mood.
Tonia


Image Source: Florentine catering

Comments

Popular Posts