Reason For Absence

Hello!!!

I know it's been forever since I've been here (a month to be exact). I sincerely apologize but it's like a popular Nigerian saying, a crayfish bends due to conditions. I talked about my immigration process here, and since the last time I've been on here, it's been one crazy ride after another. My student permit expired, I had to do a quick training for a new employee, waiting for my work visa to go through and in the meantime, was trying to envision all possible scenarios (mostly bad because I think that way first). All that just added to my stress and I wasn't sound enough to write or concentrate for too long. This is why I've been out. I'm not back because all has been resolved (I totally wish). I'm back because I've come to terms with the fact that things are not under my control. There's absolutely nothing I can do that I haven't already done. All that is left is to put it to God in prayer and that's exactly what I've done. I've decided that he's brought me this far already and won't leave me now.

This whole experience has also helped me appreciate my family, friends, boss and colleagues (who are technically family). My sister Susan, was nice enough to spend two weeks with me. She came the last week of work and when we hit a snag in my process and I burst out crying in the office, it was nice to have her at home with me. So it's been a mending process but I think I was just really overwhelmed and emotionally drained.

I've really really missed blogging!! Thank you to everyone who checked on Bloggie while I was away! Hopefully, this is the worst and the next time I talk about my immigration process, I'll be sharing some good news! I also want to wait for the entire process to be over before sharing again. So that if my experiences can help anyone else in their process, at least they'll have the story in its entirety.

Thank you and have a great week ahead.

See you Wednesday,
Tonia

And what about this World Cup eh? Proving to be very interesting! :)

Image Source: A Wonderful Blog

Comments

  1. So sorry Tonia for all the stress! May God fix up everything nicely for u.. be rest assured when next you are writing it will be with joy.Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Rashidah!! Amen and amen a million times. Thank you and have a great week ahead :)

      Delete
  2. So sorry to hear about your troubles. It is well. Cheer up girl!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts