DIY: Glue Rings!!


DIY Rings

Hey Bloggie!

So I really wanted to post yesterday, but I decided to install McAfee on my computer yesterday. Wrong move! I should have just waited till this morning. It took me two factory resets, installing a bunch of stuff on my computer, hours of cursing and snacking, to get no result. I finally found a community post that suggested creating a different administrator account before downloading the antivirus. Of course I didn't think it would help, but it couldn't hurt to try it. So I did! What do you know? It worked!! So if you ever have to download McAfee and get a box showing "label label" instead of your download progress, try this. Hopefully it works for you as well!

Back to the business of the day. I DESIGNED my own rings!!! Yay!!!!!!!!!!

The picture above shows some of the rings I made. I haven't done anymore since my last batch, but I intend to. I made some mistakes the first time (I've done 2 trials) and will humbly include those results so you don't make the same mistakes if you're interested. 

For this DIY, I used the following: Bezel ring blanks (you can get them at craft stores or online. My good friend amazon has them), magic dimension glue (there might be other kinds of glue that work, but I used what was used in the tutorial I saw), whatever designs you want, scissors and a ring holder. Not too much right? And definitely not too expensive considering you won't have limits on your jewelry! I didn't even spend 20 bucks. I believe you can also make pendants using this method. Here's the tutorial I saw. It's really simple. 




 So here are some lessons I learnt along the way. 

If you're glue starts to drop with a bubble, get rid of the bubble before you pour on your picture. Else it'll dry with the bubbles and you'll end up with this.



If you do get a bubble, do not try to pop it (I was obviously mad about the bubble). Else this will be your result. This was my nail polish design :(

Take your time, and you'll love your results. I think next time, I'll print on a different kind of paper. Something glossier. Some of my pictures came out a little too dull. 

DIY

Of course I had to make rings with the African continent and Nigeria's flag :D. I've gotten tons of compliments on these rings! I hope you guys try to make yours as well! Oh and would you believe the tiny minion and the huge minion are the same picture? On day 1, I had grossly underestimated how big my ring blank was. 

That's it! I hope you give it a try! If you do, please share your finished products. I'm going to go ahead and create some new ones once I get better quality paper or improve my free hand design skills. Whichever comes first. Next up on my DIY list, wall decals! Once you catch the bug, you keep going!

Adios!
Tonia

Comments

Popular Posts